Project: Pinewood Atlanta Film Studios
Owner: Pinewood Shepperton plc
Architect: Foley Design Associates Architects, Inc.
Mechanical Engineer: AHA Consulting Engineers
Description of Services: Phase I of a full service film and entertainment studio complex including five sound stages totaling over 100,000 square feet of recording space. Acoustic consulting services include design and construction administration services to address sound isolation of the exterior building envelope, mechanical noise control, and interior finishes for reverberation controls.
Project: Gem Theatre
Architect: Lord, Aeck & Sargent, Inc.
Engineers: Spencer Bristol Engineering, Inc (MEP)
Construction Type: Renovation
Description of Services: Design of a historic 1920 theater being renovated and adapted to accommodate film, live music performance, dance, theater performance, and lectures.
Project: Band Training Facility, Fort Bragg
Architect & Engineer: BRPH
Design-Build Contractor: Lifecycle Construction Services, Inc.
Description of Services: Comprehensive acoustic design for the new home of the Army Ground Forces Band. Acoustic consulting services include architectural acoustics and 3D modeling, building system noise control and sound isolation, pre- and post-construction measurements and analysis, and construction administration. Pursuing LEED Silver.
- Primerica TV Studio Suite, Duluth, GA Comprehensive acoustic design of the new Primerica headquarters recording studio suite including a TV recording studio for a live audience, sound stage, control rooms, voice-over room, editing suites, and offices. Acoustic consulting services included exterior envelope design, interior room acoustics and sound isolation, and mechanical noise control.
- Epic Games Headquarters, Cary, NC Comprehensive acoustic design of a 69,000 gross square foot office complex for a video game developer, including two sound rooms, play test room, motion capture room, fitness center, lounge, multipurpose room, and office and conference spaces.
- Sweet Auburn Music, Atlanta, GA Initial consultation regarding the design of a new 3,200 square foot recording studio facility to be located on the second floor of an existing two-story brick building on Auburn Avenue in Atlanta and slated to include a control room with modular components, live room, drum booth, two isolation booths, edit suite, lounge, and other support spaces.
- Iron City Live, Birmingham, AL Comprehensive acoustic analysis for the design of a new 1,400 occupancy music venue in Birmingham, Alabama. Acoustic consulting services include architectural acoustic modeling, sound isolation, mechanical noise control, and environmental noise analysis.
- Buckhead Square Phase II, Atlanta, GA Consultation regarding the design and construction of a 22,000 square foot restaurant/nightclub located directly below commercial spaces and near a residential community.
- Peachtree Middle School, Atlanta, GA Acoustic design of an auditeria and music suite containing choral room, orchestra room, band room, private practice rooms, and associated spaces in a middle school addition.
- Southern Polytechnic State University, Marietta, Georgia Consultation related to room acoustics, sound isolation, and mechanical noise and vibration control for a 3500 square foot addition to an architectural school including studio space and a theater.
- 13-17 West Bay Street, Savannah, GA Preliminary recommendations for a live music venue located under residential units.
- Anthony’s Restaurant, Atlanta, GA Community noise monitoring and reporting relating to litigation between a restaurant and banquet facility and residential neighbor.
- Park Place Shopping Center, Atlanta, GA Investigation and recommendations concerning sound isolation between a proposed restaurant/bar with live music and McKendrick’s Steak House.
- Pearl High School, Pearl, MS Mechanical noise analysis and recommendations relating to roof-mounted equipment over a high school auditorium.
- World of Coke, Atlanta, GA Subjective evaluation inside a large reverberant atrium intended for presentations at new facility.