Project: University Health Care System Hospital
Architect & Engineer: HDR, Inc.
Description of Services: Investigation and recommendations for vibration mitigation related to a rooftop unit above the intensive care units in the Heart and Vascular Institute.
Construction Type: Existing Construction
- Gwinnett Medical Center MRI, Duluth, GA Investigation of high sound levels generated by a 1.5 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine, including recommendations for mitigation within the suite and in the control room.
- Houston Medical Center, Warner Robbins, GA Acoustic consultation for a new central energy plant including a 1600 square foot diesel emergency generator room housing three 1000 kW generators, two 500 horsepower boilers, two 800 ton chillers, and one 1000 ton chiller as well as three 1000 ton cooling towers located external to the building and near residences.
- Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology, Tuscaloosa, AL Study and consultation for a 60′ high atrium in a new research facility.
- Robert Packer Hospital, Sayre, PA Investigation to assess the impact of an emergency generator installation at a hospital located approximately 100′ from residences, including design of mitigation measures for existing and future generators.
- Saint Thomas Hospital, Nashville, Tennessee Analysis and recommendations concerning exhaust fan noise issues in several patient room wings.
- Emory University Whitehead Biomedical Research Facility, Atlanta, GA Investigation and design relating to the installation of an MRI suite adjacent to a vivarium.
- Peachtree Neurological Clinic, Atlanta, GA Investigation of noise and vibration transmission from a 1.5 Tesla magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine to private exam rooms below.
- Piedmont Hospital, Atlanta, GA Investigation and recommendations concerning sound isolation issues between an aerobics studio and massage therapy room.
- Resurgens Ortho, Atlanta, GA Ambient vibration monitoring in anticipation of a potential magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) machine installation.